We advise clients in relation to their complex compliance and reporting obligations under Australia’s Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing laws and regulations.
We are regularly retained on a long term basis to provide external legal counsel expertise and provide guidance and advice to our clients in the following areas:
- Assessing compliance requirements with Anti-Money Laundering regulations
- Establishing Anti-Money Laundering Compliance Programs
- Overviewing and submitting regulatory and compliance reports
- Assisting with and carrying out customer due diligence including “know your client” requirements
- Advising on record keeping obligations
We assist clients who are subjected to investigations by AUSTRAC, the Australian Federal Police, the Australian Taxation Office and the Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission for suspected cyber crimes, financial crimes and money laundering activities.