Corporate / Commercial Lawyers
We advise clients about meeting their compliance requirements under Australian laws and provide guidance on how to comply with best practice corporate governance protocol. As external Corporate Counsel, we offer our clients an experienced team of on-call lawyers to manage risks.
· Corporate structuring
· Deal structuring and documentation
· Due diligence
· Regulatory compliance
· Financing and fund raising
· Mergers, acquisitions and sales
· Corporations law and Consumer law
· Intellectual property
· Employment and workplace relations
· Asset protection
· Estate Planning
Some News from the Business World
- 23NovSummary Australia has some unique due diligence practices for M&A transactions which are different from the usual practices in China. The strength of certain national and state based laws together with robust government registries concerning...23NovSummary The Australian Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) imposes numerous obligations on directors which can expose them to significant liabilities for a breach of their duties. Below is a high-level summary of duties of directors of...
- 16NovSummary Chinese investment in Australia in recent years has mainly focused on healthcare, food and agriculture, and advanced technology, in which sectors Chinese outbound investment are expressly encouraged by the Chinese government as opposed to...2NovSummary On 29 March 2020, the Foreign Investment Review Board (FIRB) thresholds were temporarily reduced to $0. On 18 September 2020, the Treasury introduced a draft of proposed changes, including: The previous monetary screening thresholds...